I went on a couple vacations and want to edit some footage I took in After Effects CC 2016. My camera is Canon EOS R7. When I try importing, After Effects it’s an unknown format or incompatible. The files are .mp4. Should I convert mp4 to After Effects supported format first?
I recorded my footage with a Canon EOS R7, it saves as MP4 file, but when I go to open it in After Effects, it import the MP4 as audio only, no video track. Why? Can you give me a solution.
Canon has revisited the APS-C image sensor format with the latest EOS R7 and EOS R10. The R7 is the higher-spec model designed for more experienced users, while the R10 has a smaller form factor that is lighter on the shoulder and pocket. With a new APS-C sensor on the revolutionary RF mount, you get a telephoto effect of approximately 1.6x while maintaining high resolution.
Key features of the EOS R7 include;
- 4K60 10-Bit Video, HDR-PQ & C-Log 3
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 30 fps E. Shutter, 15 fps Mech. Shutter
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- 2.36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 1.6m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Multi-Function Shoe, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Dual UHS-II Memory Card Slots
The latest versions of After Effects 2022 have added support for HEVC files. However, in actual practices, there are still many problems annoy users who intend to import Canon EOS R7 HEVC MP4 to After Effects CC, CS6, CS5 for editing. As different MP4 files adopt different codec parameters, it may result in your Canon EOS R7 MP4 footage can’t work properly in the After Effects program. When doing the import, the following errors may occur:
– After Effects crashes or freezes
– file format can’t be recognized by After Effects
– and so forth
Solution: Acrok Video Converter Ultimate can easily help you convert Canon EOS R7 MP4 files to After Effects supported file types with best result. What’s more, it helps you convert MP4 to all kinds of common video formats like ProRes MOV, DNxHD MOV, H.264 MP4, MPEG-2 MPG, FLV, AVI, WMV, etc for playing Canon EOS R7 footage on smart tv, tablet, smartphone, etc.
Free download Canon EOS R7 MP4 to After Effects Converter
Easy Steps to Convert MP4 to After Effects Friendly Format
1. Launch the MP4 to After Effects Converter after you install it
2. Add the Canon EOS R7 MP4 files you are to convert into the program in batch mode
3. Select preset form After Effects supported format at as the output profile
4. Auto begin the conversion by clicking on “Convert”
When the conversion is done, please click “Open” button. After you get the converted files in the output path, you can import them to After Effects and edit the video clips perfectly.
Additional Features of the Canon EOS R7 Video Converter
– Preview the imported videos and take snapshot from a video while preview
– Supports Blu-ray/DVD movies ripping and converting
– Edit your Canon EOS R7 MP4 videos with some basic video editing functions before conversion
– Adjustable output video and audio settings to configure the parameters
– Option to shut down your PC after conversion is finished