How to convert AVCHD in .mts, .m2t, .m2ts to Apple Prores 422 on Mac or Windows? Follow this guide, and then it is easy to import AVCHD to FCP, FCP X, AMC and etc.
Convert AVCHD to ProRes for Easily Importing AVCHD to Final Cut Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer!
Tags: avchd to prores, avchd to prores 4444, mts to prores, convert avchd to prores, avchd to fcp, convert mts to prores, mts to final cut pro, mts to prores converter, avchd to prores converter, m2ts to prores, avchd to apple prores, mts to apple prores
AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition), often with the file extension of mts, m2ts or mt2, is a professional digital recording format for Sony, Panasonic, Canon and more camcorders and cameras. Though Final Cut Pro announced to support AVCHD video files, some AVCHD files still can not imported to FCP: AVCHD support is available only on Intel-based Macintosh computers; FCP only supports AVCHD camcorders typically connect to computers via USB 2.0, not FireWire; DVD-based AVCHD camcorders are not currently supported by FCP; Standard definition video recorded with AVCHD camcorders cannot be accessed in Final Cut Pro.
In order to import all kinds of AVCHD to FCP successfully, it is better to convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 which works well with all versions of Final Cut Pro. If you are Windows user, and want to get ProRes codec video on Windows, please free download the Windows ProRes Converter.
The following article just aims to provide a step by step guide on how to convert AVCHD to ProRes with almost no loss of video and audio quality.
It helps to:
- Convert and import all kinds of AVCHD including DVD-based AVCHD, high definition AVCHD, standard definition AVCHD to Final Cut Pro HD/6.0/7/X no matter the Mac is Intel-based or not and not matter the AVCHD camcorder is USB connected or by via of FireWire.
- Convert AVCHD to ProRes 4444 or 422 for fast import AVCHD to Avid Media Composer whatever it is Windows based AMC or Mac based AMC
- Convert AVCHD with the file extension of .mts to ProRes422/4444, .mt2s to Propes 4444/422, .mt2s to Propes 4444/422.
- Convert AVCHD in 1080-line 50-frame/s and 60-frame/s modes (AVCHD Progressive) and stereoscopic video (AVCHD 3D) to ProRes.
- Convert AVCHD videos recorded from Sony HXR-NX5U/HDR-AX2000/HDR-SR10/ HDR-XR105E/HDR-CX560/DCR-DVD908E/DCR-SR60E/DCR-SR82E/DCR-SR300E to Apple ProRes.
- Convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes from Panasonic DMC-GH2/Panasonic AF-100/Panasonic HDC-SD900/AG-HSC1UP/HDC-TM900/HDC-HS900/Lumix DMC.
- Convert AVCHD to ProRes from Canon Vixia HF/HF10/HF100/HFS200/HFS10/HG10/HG-21.
- Convert JVC Everio GZ-HD320/GZ-HM400/HDD/GY-HM100U AVCDH to ProRes.
Convert AVCHD to ProRes 422 for FCP X
Free download this professional AVCHD to ProRes 422 Converter – Acrok ProRes Converter, install and fire up.
As the professional AVCHD to ProRes Converter, Acrok ProRes Converter can easily convert all kinds of AVCHD files in M2T, M2TS, and MTS to Final Cut Pro supported Apple ProRes. Besides converting AVCHD to ProRes, it also can convert other video formats including AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MKV, MPG, MOD, TOD, WebM, WTV, VOB, MVI, MXF and etc to ProRes for easy import to FCP. What’s more, Acrok ProRes Converter has both Mac and Windows version, then you can even use the ProRes Windows Converter to convert AVCDH to ProRes for Avid Media Composer
1. Add AVCHD video
Copy AVCHD video from the AVCHD camcorder or camera to Mac, then click “Add File” button to load AVCHD video file to Acrok ProRes Converter.
Tips: This powerful MTS to ProRes Converter also support drag-and-drop function, so you can also simply drag the copied AVCHD file to the main intercface of this software.
2. Set output video format as Apple ProRes
Usually, the default output profile is just Apple ProRes 422, if not, follow this guide below:
Click the small triangle to the right of “Profile“, a drop down menu will pop up, select ProRes Video (*.mov) from the “Final Cut Pro” as output video format.
Then click “Setting” button, the “Advanced Settings” Window will pop up right beside the main window. In the “Advanced Settings” Window, click “Advanced” tab, and then go to “Video” column, click “ProRes 422” tab on the right side of Profile. Change the ProRes Presents by choosing from the drop-down list. There are 5 options including ProRes 422 Proxy, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, and ProRes 4444.
3. Convert AVCHD to ProRes
Click “Convert” button to start the AVCHD to ProRes conversion, it will fast convert AVCHD in M2TS, M2T or MTS to Apple ProRes.
Wait no more, just follow the above step by step guide to convert AVCHD to ProRes 422. Then it is just easy to import the converted AVCHD whatever from Sony, Panasonic, Canon or JVC to Final Cut Pro.
Tag: avchd to prores, xavc to premiere, free audio converter, windows prores convertrer, sony fdr ax100 fcp x, watch mkv on smart tv, play avchd/mts on hd tv, panasonic gh4 fcp, canon hf r52 fcp, jvc hm850u fcp, bluray to dell venue 11 pro