Are you looking for the best way to watch movies on Microsoft Surface Pro? The Surface is poor in video playback. It lacks powerful video apps to decode kinds of video files. Though it’s as powerful as a laptop in some respects, it doesn’t have the ability to read and play discs. So it’s a great pity for users who store lots of Blu-ray or DVD discs in their home.
In my opinion, spending lots of time to find a video app isn’t equal to put Blu-ray/DVD movies on Surface Pro by using a 3rd party tool. Here, i will share my own experience on how to load Blu-ray/DVD movies onto Surface Pro with you.
To make it, the 3rd party tool – Surface Pro Blu-ray Ripper is needed. By googling such keywords, many Blu-ray rippers will be appeared, but, which one is better? Don’t forget, we want to rip Blu-ray/DVD discs for Surface RT playback, so it’s important to choose the tool that works well for Surface Pro. ProConverter’s Blu-ray to Surface Pro converter is your best choice. This app is built-in the most suitable Surface preset, that will give us the result video quality as good as original.
Moreover, it’s really easy to use. Now quickly convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to Surface with me.
1. Download and install the Blu-ray/DVD to Surface Pro converter on your computer. This program works on Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8. Currently, only the windows version has the Patch file. Mac users please choose Mac Blu-ray to Surface Pro converter.
Note: Whether you running a Mac computer or a Windows PC, an internal or external Blu-ray drive is required for ripping movie directly from a Blu-ray disc.
2. Open the program, add your Blu-ray/DVD movie. Disc, ISO, IFO, folder are all OK.
3. Choose the best video format for Surface Pro. Click on “Format”, select “ H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” in “HD Video”.
4. Click the “Convert” button to start Blu-ray/DVD to Surface Pro conversion.
5. Transfer DVD/Blu-ray to Surface Pro
After it completed, you can click “Open” to get the converted video files. You may transfer the converted movie to Surface Pro. Then, you can play Blu-ray/DVD movies on Surface RT flawlessly.