Does Galaxy S3 support MKV files/format? How to transfer MKV to Galaxy S3 for watching? After you got Samsung Galaxy S3, you may have these questions when you want to play MKV movies on Galaxy S3.
Can Galaxy S3 read MKV? From Samsung official website we know that MKV format is not supported by Galaxy S3, so you can’t play/watch MKV on Galaxy S3 directly. How can I watch/play MKV on Galaxy S3? The best way is to convert MKV to Galaxy S3 supported file formats, such as H.264 MP4, this format is well supported by Samsung Galaxy S3, and then you can view MKV movies on Galaxy S3 in best supported formats. Below is a guide for you and you will know how to watch MKV movies on Galaxy S3.
1. Download Galaxy S3 video converter (or video converter for Mac), install and run it. This software can help you convert MKV to Galaxy S3. Besides, it can convert nearly all video formats, such as AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MTS, etc.
2. Import MKV files to Galaxy S3 video converter. Click format column to choose the output format that can be played on Galaxy S3, you can click and choose Samsung -> Samsung Galaxy SII (I9100) (*.mp4), it’s also best for Galaxy SIII.
3. You can click settings button in the main interface to adjust the output parameters. You can choose size as 1280*720, it’s the same as Galaxy S3 resolution, and you can play 720P on Galaxy S3 with this video size. Choose bitrate as 1200-2500 kbps can give you better video quality.
4. You can edit the video before converting MKV files for Galaxy S3, you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust the effect to the video.
5. Click convert button to start transcode MKV to Galaxy S3 MP4 format.
This Galaxy S3 MKV format converter can help you convert nearly all video formats, includes MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, etc. This converter also supports NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP acceleration, so it can convert MKV videos for Galaxy S3 at a fast speed, it will save you much time. You can download and have a try, hope it can help you.