“Can someone please explain step by step how I transfer my already downloaded digital copy movies in iTunes and transfer them over to DROID RAZR MAXX HD? I’d like to put some Disney movies to the device so that i can watch them on road trip…”
iTunes is specifically designed to only work with apple products. However, assuming the file format is supported (and non-protected), you could simply connect to your PC via USB, and simply drag and drop onto your smartphone. Yet the real issue is the DRM protection. iTunes downloaded movies and TV shows has the DRM protection which prevent users watch these videos on other incompatible devices – Android tablets and smartphones, for example.
The Digital copies downloaded to iTunes, unexpectedly, are also DRM-protected and thus work with iOS devices only. To watch DRM Movies from iTunes on DROID RAZR MAXX HD or other Android slab, you have to strip DRM first. Follow this tutorial to get iTunes DRM movies stripped and encoded for playing on DROID RAZR MAXX HD original tablet.
Prepare for DRM stripping of iTunes movies and digital copies
Get this DRM removal tool installed on your computer.
Open iTunes and set it not to remember playback position:
1. Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” LIBRARY.
2. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
3. Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
How to Strip and Convert iTunes .m4v movies to DROID RAZR MAXX HD optimized video
1. Drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the DROID RAZR MAXX HD iTunes Converter. Or you may click “Add…” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies.
2. Click “Video files to” and select an output format for the DROID RAZR MAXX HD. There are three codecs that are supported by DROID RAZR MAXX HD: MPEG-4, H.263, and H.264. Here you’re advised to choose, choose “HD Video >> MP4” as output format.
3. Click “Start” to DRM-free iTunes movies. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
4. When conversion completes, click below icon to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to get the converted iTunes movies onto DROID RAZR MAXX HD.
How to transfer converted iTunes movies to DROID RAZR MAXX HD.
1. Plug the Micro USB cable from your computer to DROID RAZR MAXX HD.
2. A dialog box should appear asking you what you want to do with the new hardware. Select Open Device to View Files. If the box does not show up, you can go to Start Menu > My Computer and double click Removable Disk “No Name.”
3. Next, look for “Movies” folder, or create your own to organize the files you are saving on DROID RAZR MAXX HD. Select the files you would like to transfer from your computer by dragging and dropping movies into the folder.
4. Once all files have been transferred, safely remove your device: Click Safely Remove Hardware on the bottom right side of your computer screen, then click USB Mass Storage > Stop.
5. When the DRM-free movies are copied to DROID RAZR MAXX HD, you’re free to play them. Open the movies by going to the Gallery app on your DROID RAZR MAXX HD.
How to convert iTunes music to DROID RAZR MAXX HD?
After loaded the iTunes music into iTunes converter, click the start button to start iTunes music to DROID RAZR MAXX HD. You can use the same way to transfer the converted iTunes music to DROID RAZR MAXX HD.