Google has just announced its Nexus 7 tablet for $199, with a beautiful screen, a comfortable design, and great media options, the nexus 7 tablet is the first choice at this price, maybe you have got it.
What format can Google Nexus 7 play? Can I play AVI on Nexus 7? May be you are wondering how to watch AVI on Nexus 7 freely. Google Nexus 7 is a striking device, it’s amazing to play games and watch movies on Nexus 7 when you travel by train.
But, from Nexus 7 official website you will know that Nexus 7 can’t play all video formats directly, Nexus 7 supports formats are limited, it only supports H.264/H.263 and other limited codecs/formats, AVI is not supported by Google Nexus 7 due to the codec, bitrate, etc.
Question: How to play AVI on Nexus 7 in an easiest way?
Answer: As we know, we can’t put AVI on Nexus 7 for playback directly, in order to watch AVI movies on Nexus 7, you need to convert AVI to Nexus 7 supported video formats, like H.264 MP4. This format is well supported by Nexus 7. You can follow the steps below to transcode AVI to Google Nexus 7 for watching.
Steps: Convert AVI to Nexus 7 MP4 format for playback.
1. Install Google Nexus 7 video converter (or video converter for Mac). It is recommended to download Video Converter Profile Patch which supports latest devices, like Nexus 7. This video converter for Nexus 7 can help you convert nearly all video formats to common formats as you need, like AVI, MKV, WMV, FLV, MOV, MTS, etc.
2. Run this Nexus 7 AVI converter, import the AVI files to Nexus 7 AVI movie converter. Click format column to choose output format for Google Nexus 7. Choose Android -> Google Nexus 7 H.264 Video (*.mp4), this format is Nexus 7 best format.
3. You can click settings button to adjust the video parameters before convert. In the AVI to Google Nexus 7 converter, you can set or input the resolution, bitrate, frame rate and codecs. You can also input the video resolution the same as Nexus 7 resolution (1280*800), then you can watch full screen movies on Google Nexus 7. Choose bitrate as 2000-3500 is appropriate. It’s Nexus 7 best settings in videos.
4. You can edit the AVI videos before convert AVI files for Google Nexus 7. You can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the AVI video.
5. Click convert button to start converting AVI to H.264 MP4 for Nexus 7.
Is it easy? Now you can follow the steps to convert AVI to Nexus 7 MP4 format, and then you can transfer movies to Google Nexus 7 for watching freely. Just follow the Google Nexus 7 AVI to MP4 conversion guide and have a try, hope it can help you.